Thursday, October 4, 2012

Houston we have a problem...or do we?

Throughout the production of my documentary there have been different obstacles that I have had to overcome.  During the summer I actually changed the main focus of documentary from solely on Scott Coy to on both him and his wife Sarah. The dynamic of their relationship really brought out some great focal points where I could lead the story. The conflict of whether or not to still get married after the accident was an event that I felt could really bring up different viewpoints. Also sticking together through some difficult times and persevering is a theme that can contribute to an uplifting story.



Another technical obstacle that I faced was shooting with the HD VJ gear. At some points during interviews I noticed that the video seemed a little darker than usual. This was because the iris was set on manual instead of auto. Hence I had to re-shoot the interviews.


Also during one interview with Coach Coy's father, the lavalier mic was brushing up on the skin from his neck. This caused the audio to be unacceptable to use for the documentary. However I was able to re-shoot the interview with him and things went well the second time. Although this made my shooting day very stressful, I just needed to keep thinking positively in order to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment