Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting help from the Zen Master

For my capstone documentary I chose Jonathan Joy as one of my consultants. The reasons behind this made this decision a no brainer for me. Jonathan Joy's background is quite impressive and is one of the reasons I am thankful to have him as a consultant. After completing his undergraduate studies at Westminster College in 2003, he worked in the film/television industry for over five years in Los Angeles. This included a role as a videographer on the hit MTV show The Hills. Jon is currently as a full-time instructor in the Communications department at Clarion University.




Recently, Mr. Joy taught a workshop at Westminster College that I was in called Shooting Interviews. This class, taken in the Spring semester of the 2011-12 academic year, showed me all of the different aspects of shooting a proper and effective interview. I learned many new techniques involving lighting, head room and backgrounds from Mr. Joy that I was able to apply so far in the interviews conducted for my documentary. I am able to get constant feedback from Mr. Joy regarding any question I have about putting the pieces together for this film. His advice has definitely put me in the right direction for my capstone class.

You can check out some samples of Jon's work below!

https://vimeo.com/jonathanjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment